Last Sunday (April 19th) the first race in the Dutch Championship RALLYCROSS 2009 has been held at the Eurocircuit Valkenswaard.
The surprise of the day is the winner of the Division 3. This is the highest class of the 2WD rallycross cars. The 10-fold Belgium and Dutch Champion with his well-known Volvo has won almost everything the last years. Until last Sunday, when Verkuringen won with his BMW M3. Verkuringen, after being absent for 4 years, re-entered the championship and won the opening race of the 2009 season.
1. Johnny Verkuringen (B), BMW M3
2. Davy Leysen (B), BMW M3
3. David Van Nijlen (B), VW Golf GTI 16V
4. Ludo Helven (B), Ford Escort
5. Roger Lippens (B), Ford Escort
6. Steven Maris (B), Volvo 242