It has just taken time to make the calendar. The race dates at Circuit Zandvoort are unchanged but instead of the race at the Nurburgring we drive at Brands Hatch, on the famous Grand Prix circuit. One date at Circuit SPA depends on the number of participants, everything else is secured.
The cup is technically strong, the cooperation with the Radical factory in England and Circuit Park Zandvoort is a fact. These three parties together can ensure that this beautiful cup has a great future.
The Radical SR3 RS is a thrill to race, it drives like a kart with the thrill of driving a formula 1 car. Measured G forces on the separating plane at Zandvoort are 2.85.9 G.
The regulations will ensure equal opportunities for all participants to give them an equal chance the be the fastest in the Benelux Cup.
The specification of the cupauto are unique, see below. The price of € 69.000, – excl VAT is realized through Radical (adv. saleprice in England is € 85.000, -), the purchased cars have to undertake one year in the cup.
It is also permitted to start with a used SR3, if the car has new-style bodywork and the 1500cc engine, smaller engines are also permitted.
All the engines are sealed by Radical, and the matches are known as usual with 2x 50 minutes with a pit stop per race weekend. The car will be driven be 1 or 2 drivers.
The entry fee for 12 races is € 7800, – excl. VAT.
Separate entries are yet to be determined, but are of course more expensive.
• 23/24 April Circuit Park Zandvoort (Dutch Power Pack)
• 07/08 May Spa-Francorchamps (LMS)
• 04/05 June Brands Hatch (Radical Masters)
• 18/19 June Spa-Francorchamps (BTCS Belcar) * Afhankelijk van animo
• 03/04 September Zandvoort (Trophy of the Dunes)
• 15/16 October Zandvoort (Formido Finaleraces)
Even when we join matches of the Radical Masters the Radical Benelux Cup has his own championship and has its own prize ceremony.
It is an open championship, participants from other countries can join a full subscription to the championship.
We are working on TV, but it depends on the funds released from a cup sponsor. There are already serious interest in the cars that are already in production. Sven Andriesen that provides the Belgian interest in the cup has given 5 names of drivers for the cup. Furthermore, there are tuners in the Netherlands and Belgium who wants one or two cars to rent, complete with catering and accessories.
We realize that the failure of the cup in 2009 was not positive. The construction that we have now with Radical England and Circuit Zandvoort provides a strong base and especially the connection of two Masters events at the Radical and Dutch Power Pack have a wonderful program.
The website of www.radicalbeneluxcup.nl will be launched from the first week in January 2011. If you are interested report this as early as possible. This allows us to take delivery of the car right to organize. (Delivery of the cars will be in order of orders with deposit ).
Radical factory has a stand at the Autosport show in Birmingham from January 13 till January 16. Henk Thuis from Intrax will also be present every day.
For more information please contact:
Sven Andries 0035 191 4597159
Claudette Sommers 0031 6 53 570699
Merry Christmas and a sportive 2011 to you! Radical Benelux Cup
Radical Benelux Cup Spec. SR3 RS
• FIA-certified powder-coated, carbon steel spaceframe chassis with integral safety cell and aluminium honeycomb front crash structure
• Powertec 1500cc four-cylinder double overhead cam engine, dry sump with remote oil reservoir & oil cooler. 260bhp, 130ft/lbs, 10,500rpm
• Six-speed sequential gearbox, Powertec electro-pneumatic paddleshift system with flatshift and auto-blipper
• Powertec Powerdrive final drive system incorporating torque-biasing limited-slip differential, integral reverse gear, oil pump and cooler
• Intrax Black Titan four-way mono-tube shock absorbers
• 280mm x 25mm front floating 48-vane brake discs
• 260mm x 25mm rear ventilated 30-vane brake discs
• Air jack system (includes 3x air jacks, lance and hose kit)
• Race logger/dash with LCD display, 8Mb memory, 8 configurable inputs & G-sensor
• FIA-specification 77-litre fuel cell
• Manually-activated Zero 360 gas fire extinguisher system (FIA-homologated, three-nozzle)
• Carbon-composite high-downforce bi-plane rear wing, endplates and wing support, carbon composite twin front diveplanes
• High-downforce rear diffuser
• Le Mans-style carbon composite rear view mirrors
• 88Db quiet performance silencer
EXCLUSIVE BENELUX CUP SPEC. OFFER: € 69.000,- excl. VAT.