The delivered product may differ from the image above
DownloadsDamping adjustment procedure 4-way (eye-eye)Damping adjustment procedure 4-way (Macpherson upside down)
More direct control
Retains / better comfort
Ride height adjustable
Camber plates optional
45 or 52 mm strut optional
Welding plate optional
4-weg AutocrossQuads Yamaha VLS
The 4-Way shock absorber is Intrax’ top-rated product. The damping can be adjusted separately for the low-speed bump (inward damping), the high-speed bump and the rebound (outward damping) of the shock absorber. You can also adjust the total compression range. The 4-Way shock absorber is based on the same technology that has helped Schumacher become a World Champion. The interior is more comprehensive than that of all other Intrax dampers and contains more than 115 precision parts.
– The slow inward damping (also known as ‘low-speed compression’) determines, overall, the front to back and left to right movement of the car (also known as ‘pitch’ and ‘roll’). These movements are the result of acceleration, braking and cornering speed.
– The fast inward damping (also known as ‘high-speed inward compression’) determines, roughly speaking, the compression of the wheels on short bumps, such as curb stones and rills in the road surface.
– The outward damping (also known as ‘rebound’) stabilises the car, damps the unwanted movements and absorbs the unwanted energies.
Where possible, the housing of the 4-Way shock absorber is made of high-quality aluminium (if desired or required, it can also be made of steel). This guarantees a low weight, maximum strength and optimal cooling. Whilst designing the 4-Way shock absorber, the largest possible diameter is chosen for an even more accurate control of the damping; usually a 52mm housing with 46mm piston. Where possible, Macpherson struts are fitted as upside-downs with a 45mm diameter instead of a thin piston rod that is mounted to the chassis.
The different product options
Various options are possible on the different shock absorber systems that we make. The options vary widely. Click below for a more detailed explanation.
• Black Titan coating, optimizes the functioning of the shock absorber by reducing friction and stick slip. It also protects the shock absorber because the coating is rock hard.
• ARC®, a system that makes it possible to work with a softer spring and/or setting with the associated advantages but without the disadvantages.
• EMC, no more getting out to set the shock absorbers harder or softer, but from your driver's seat.
• EHC, raise/lower the front or entire car from your car, with the option to drive at that height.
Request a quote
Would you like a quote for the options for this product? Please fill in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.
"*" indicates required fields
State-of-the-art suspension technology straight from the racing world, with over 38 years of intensive experience at the highest level.